Superior reports. Exceptional people.
Updated November 25, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to a particular consumer or device (also known as “Personal Information”). In particular, we may receive and/or obtain the following types of Personal Information: (i) contact information such as name, address, phone number, and email address; (ii) demographic information such as date of birth, gender, marital status; (iii) responses to any surveys you complete in relation to or regarding your experience with our products or services; and/or (iv) any other information collected in the ordinary course of business in order to provide our products and/or services.
We also collect browsing information from your Internet browser, computer, and/or mobile device if you visit or use our Sites, including, but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information, browser language and type, domain name system requests, browsing history (such as time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit and the number of clicks), HTTP headers, application client and service banners and operating system data (collectively, “Browsing Information”).
How Information is Collected
We obtain the types of Personal Information listed above from the following sources:
- directly from you when you complete forms and applications in connection with the products and services we provide, use our products and services or otherwise interact with us and our Sites;
- from our clients when they provide us with information collected about you in connection with forms and applications completed by you or our clients on your behalf, products and services ordered by our clients on your behalf or other correspondence and communications between us and our clients related to your transaction;
- For property reports, we may send a field representative to survey your property to verify information about its value and condition, and to obtain photographs of the property.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. Such third parties may provide information about you and your use of its service to us. We may also collect Personal Information about you from commercially or publicly available sources, including government entities.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, including responding to your inquiries, questions and/or other requests or providing our services and products
- To support, develop and improve our Sites, products and service
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us
- To process your requests, transactions and payments and prevent transactional fraud
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Sites, products and services, databases and other technology assets
We will not collect additional types of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you prior notice.
Disclosing Personal Information
Mueller Services may disclose information about you to certain persons and organizations such as:
- Our clients, who requested the service or product;
- Your agent or broker;
- Parties administering transactions as requested or authorized by you;
- Authorized persons as ordered by subpoena, warrant, or other court order or as required by law
Your Rights and Choices
It is your choice to submit Personal Information to us, regardless of whether such information is provided to us directly or indirectly. If you choose to opt-out of submitting Personal Information to us we may not be able to provide our services or products.
As permitted by law, you may opt-out of disclosure or use of your Personal Information by notifying us by one of the methods at the end of this Notice.
Information from Children
Our Sites are meant for adults and are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from any person under the age of 16 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 16, do not provide us with any information about yourself, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about anyone under the age of 16, please contact us at:
Mueller Services, Inc.
63 Main Street
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Attention: Compliance Department
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect About California Consumers
We describe the Personal Information we have collected in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Notice in the section titled “Information We Collect.” In particular, the information includes the following:
|Category||Examples||Parties to whom this personal information was disclosed|
|A.||Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B.||Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||The personal information listed in the preceding category as “identifiers,” telephone number, insurance policy number, loan number.|
|C.||Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age, marital status, sex.|
|D.||Commercial information||Transaction records.|
|E.||Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with our Sites.|
|F.||Geolocation data||Physical location.|
|G.||Sensory data||Electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described in the section of our Notice titled "Information We Collect."|
Personal Information does not include:
- publicly available information from government records;
- de-identified or aggregated consumer information; and
- information excluded from the scope of the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), including, but not limited to, Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
For more information on the sources from which we collect Personal Information and our business purposes for using Personal Information, please see “How Information is Collected” and “Use of Personal Information.”
Disclosure of Personal Information
Within the last 12 months, we may have disclosed your Personal Information of all or substantially all of the categories listed in the section of this Notice titled “Personal Information We Collect About California Consumers” to other businesses, service providers or third parties for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed for business purposes, the categories of entities to whom we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed this information, please see “Information We Collect,” “Use of Personal Information,” and “Disclosing Personal Information.”
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed certain categories of information to third parties, such as Google Analytics, who provide services to us in connection with our data and market analysis efforts. Some of these third parties may retain the right to use this data for their own purposes. While this may not be deemed a sale of personal information in the traditional sense, this sharing of information with these third-party providers may qualify as a “sale” of personal information under California law. The information disclosed by us to these third parties consists only of anonymized, statistical data and does not include personal information. It includes data relating to the internet or other similar network or browsing activity collected as you navigate through and interact with our website. This information may be provided to such third parties who help us analyze such data in order to improve our website and provide better service to our customers.
Your California Privacy Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. We will honor your requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the timeframe provided by applicable law.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Mueller Services disclose the following information to you about its collection and use of your Personal Information over the twelve (12) months preceding the date of your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we received or obtained about you;
- the categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration;
- the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed the information; and,
- for each of those third parties, the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed to them; and,
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise a legal right provided for by law, including exercising free speech or ensuring the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical or statistical research in the public interest if: (i) the research adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws; (ii) deleting the Personal Information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement; and (iii) if you provided informed consent during the initial data collection;
- enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with a legal obligation; and/or make other internal and lawful uses of the Personal Information that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you. To opt-out, complete the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information Form” located at https://forms.gle/7dNePcgwedvTPNadA. You may also use any of the methods listed in “Exercising CCPA Consumer Rights” to opt-out.
Exercising CCPA Consumer Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- calling us at: 1-855-627-9648;
- completing the CCPA Request Form link found here: https://forms.gle/bCNMwk63aPStaS7B9
- emailing us at: CCPA@muellerreports.com
- writing to us at: See Contact Information below
NOTE: Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or are an authorized representative of such person; and
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
In general, the verifiable consumer request should include the following information: (i) date of request; (ii) your name, address and telephone number; (iii) your service type (i.e. appraisal, inspection, etc.); (iv) order number(s) (if applicable); and (v) type of request (e.g. request to know – categories of information, request to know – specific information, request to delete information, etc.). We may consider other requests or require additional information in some circumstances at our discretion as permitted by applicable law. Upon submission of your verifiable consumer request, we will confirm receipt within 10 days of submission and provide information about how we will process the request, the verification process and when you should expect a response. In determining the method by which we will verify your identity, we will, whenever feasible, match the identifying information provided by you to your personal information already maintained by us. In addition, the method by which we will verify your identity upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request will depend on: (i) the type, sensitivity and value of the Personal Information collected and maintained about you; (ii) the risk of harm to you posed by any unauthorized access or deletion; (iii) the likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors would seek the personal information; (iv) whether the Personal Information to be provided by you is sufficiently robust to protect against fraudulent requests or being spoofed or fabricated; (v) the manner in which we interact with you; and (vi) available technology for verification.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an authorized agent. We may require authorized agents to provide verification that they act on your behalf, as permitted by applicable law.
We will deliver our written response to you by mail or electronically, at your option. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, if you choose to exercise any of your CCPA rights, we will not:
- deny you goods or services;
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our sole discretion at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated Notice on our website and update the Notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website and/or our products and services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information and/or your choices and rights regarding such use or your desire to exercise any such right contemplated in this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Mueller Services, Inc.
Attention: Compliance Department
63 Main Street
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Policy Audit and Review
This policy will be reviewed on at least an annual basis or at a time when a change to the governing laws and regulations is made. The actions and processes used to enforce this policy will be assessed and audited on an annual basis or at an earlier point designated by Mueller Services, Inc. senior management. All Mueller Services, Inc. personnel are required to comply with the approved actions used to assess and audit the operational performance of this policy.